Frosted Designs & Scrapbookers Anonymous - Butterfly Canvas | The Flamingo Chronicals: Frosted Designs & Scrapbookers Anonymous - Butterfly Canvas

Frosted Designs & Scrapbookers Anonymous - Butterfly Canvas


Two posts in one day - that almost never happens! 
I have been wanting to try this art form for a while - I bought these canvases at least a year ago!
The challenges over at Frosted Designs and Scrapbookers Anonymous  this week were
the perfect thing to get me moving. 
I cut I don't know how many of these butterflies out - I didn't use them all, but
I wanted to make sure that I had enough.
I inked them all (time consuming!!!) before I started on the canvas.
I painted gesso along the path that I wanted my butterflies to go.
I stuck a few of the butterflies in the gesso for texture.
I added drops of paint all along the canvas and then
used my Tattered Angels and the negative of the punched
paper to spray some texture on top of the white gesso. 
I finished the butterflies in different ways, some with pearls,
some with glitter, some with crackle, with Glitter Glam,
with Modge Podge, - lots of things. 

I sprayed the whole thing down with Smooch Spritz (Vanilla) for added sparkle when I was done. 

I really enjoyed making this, and I am thinking of others that I can make. 
Christmas presents maybe????
Thanks for stopping by today.
Be sure to hop over to Scrapbookers Anonymous to  see the fab projects there and
then head over to Frosted Designs to check them out!
Wonderful projects to see at both blogs.
Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. oh this is absolutely gorgeous - your eye for color and placement is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! The movement and placement is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love all of the butterflies and the different patterns of paper. Such a beautiful gift. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... absolutely gorgeous! Such eye candy for your wall! Great take on our B challenge. Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
    This flight of butterflies is almost magical!
    Eli (Frosted Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,wow,wow, Anita. Your canvas is absolutely stunning,it would make a wonderful Christmas prezzie. Thanks for joining in with us over at Scrapbookers Anonymous.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! fabulous. all those butterflies. can't say enough.. just love it. whoever gets it, will love it too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

    ReplyDelete