Sketchy Thursdays | The Flamingo Chronicals: Sketchy Thursdays

Sketchy Thursdays

Happy Sunday everyone! 
I hope you are having a relaxing one whatever you are doing.
I thankfully do not have many things on my To Do list today, so I get to play around a little!
Today I have a LO with silly faces made by the Co-conspirator next door. 
These were taken at my DD's graduation party.
I have used the sketch from over at SketchyThursdays  which 
I thought was too cute this week. 
My background paper is Black & Kraft Diamonds from Canvas Corp, so I am also linking up over at Kraft It Up! , the other criteria for their challenge was to use fabric, which I have used fabric ribbon and to use stitching, which of course I have!
My other papers are from Tim Holtz (the Postage Stamp PP), and everything else is MMM. 
The Chipboard piece I have had FOREVER. Literally FOREVER. It is one of the first things I bought way back when I started scrapping, it came in a sheet of die cut heart pieces. They are all so cute, and I have never used them!!! Thank you Scrapbookers Anonymous   for the prompt or this would probably still be sitting in it's package :o)

Here is a look at the fab sketch from Sketchy Thursdays
See, I told you it was cute! 

Also linking to these challenges:
Kraft It Up - Kraft Paper, Fabric and stitching
Frosted Designs - Postage Stamps 

I don't normally combine this many challenges, but these just all fell into place!
I also wanted to share a couple of photos of some backyard visitors. Every spring / summer we have a veritable nursery in our backyard. There are so many baby birds, squirrels, raccoons, opossums - you name it. Here are a couple that we have hanging out right now;

How cute are these little guys? I have been trying for weeks to get a clear photo of the woodpecker babies (the one with the red cap on above) but their feathers are such good camouflage that my lens has the hardest time focusing on them! And they move SOOOO fast! 
Thanks for stopping by today.
Please keep our soldiers and their families in your thoughts. 
As a retired Marine wife, I know that sometimes the toughest job can be sitting at home. 
May God please bring all our soldiers home. Thank you.
Anita

22 comments:

  1. Glad to help you use of your chipboard, it was the perfect touch on your layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW love your gorgeous page Anita.. the patterned Kraft background looks fab with all your beautiful layered detail & stitching!! My DD is a Brittany too!! Thanks so much for playing along at KIU :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout...love all the texture...we have similar birds in our backyard right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful lay out, and I totally love your bird pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!! fantastic. I love the sketch this week and you rocked it. love the papers you used. and that cute heart. I have a thing for naked chipboard these days too.. =)
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on their sketch and our prompt, Anita! Thanks for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that chipboard heart! It looks great with that love and the gathered ribbon/material. It looks so good. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous LO,love all the layering and the heart. Thanks for playing along with us at SA.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful page!! I love how you used the ST sketch and the MME papers fabulous!! Thanks for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your interpretation of the sketch and how cute are those woodpeckers? Thanks for joining in at Scrapbookers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loveeeeeeee your lo and your photos!! Loveeeeeeeeee those photos on your lo and loving that heart!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays and Scrapbookers Anonymous!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is beautiful! The way you did the title with the chipboard and the ruffles is amazing! Just love it!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing along with ST!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome page! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the stamp patterned paper! There are so many choices out there, how do you choose? Thank you for creating with us at Frosted Designs, and we hope to see your work again! **Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous layout!!! LOVE the stitching along each piece of pp!! thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow 3 challenges in 1- how productive. Love the color palette you choose and the postage stamps give it that extra touch for a classic layout thanks for joining us at Frosted designs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous page love the kraft background very striking lo...thanks for playing along at KIU

    ReplyDelete
  19. love that huge chip shape- super great- glad you found a way to use it up on our challenege

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful... layout...Thank you so much for playing along with us over scrapbookers Anonymous... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete