Sweet Love Child | The Flamingo Chronicals: Sweet Love Child

Sweet Love Child

As some of you may know, I am taking a break from scrapping my own children,
and have moved on to scrapping my friends kids. 
Frankly, my kids are grown and aren't that cute anymore :o)
Still love 'em though!! and will get back to their pictures sooner or later!
My friends still have cute, little kids! and I just wanted a change of faces on my LO's
My own children, strangely enough, were not unhappy about not being the 
focus of my every project. mmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,

So today I have a LO I made for the Sketch Challenge over at LYB. 
I have been gaga over their papers since they first started making them. 
I LOVE the finish of their papers - it is very linen like. Nice eye candy. 
I am also entering into the challenge over at Catered Crop
So here is my LO,,,,,
If you know me at all, then you know I am quite the paper hoarder. Well for this I used papers
from the LYB Cupcake Love, which is only 1 year old, but also the LYB Baby Safari, 
which is just a little older. :o) I also used some Bazzill, some Prima, a Spellbinders die,
some Kaisercraft, the transparencies are LYB Sweet Love line, some chipboard from 
goodness knows how long I have had that, Tattered Angels, brads, floss, twine, and this and that.

See those cute little stick pins??? I love stick pins and I use them on almost every LO. 
They are really pricey to buy. Guess what? They are REALLY CHEAP to make. 
Tomorrow I will put up a tutorial on how to make them. You will be amazed at how easy it is!!

So, I had a lot of pink going on here, which in my mind is not a bad thing, but I wanted to lighten the page up a bit. So I took my chippie, and applied  colors of Inka Gold. A lighter base color (Old Silver) then added a highlights (Indian Yellow and Rose). This stuff should be the product of the year. It is awesome. Instantly dry and you can add your piece to the page. No waiting to dry!!!

Here is the sketch from LYB
Very yummy, yes??? 
Be sure to check out the blog for the rules. You have until  February 18th to enter. 

Hop over by Catered Crop The challenge is to use a printed page or newsprint on your project. 

Catered Crop



I am also linking up over at TinyNatt where the challenge was to add BANNERS to your LO. 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Very rainy here to day, which makes for great stay in my studio weather :o)
Anita

9 comments:

  1. This is a very yummy layout! Love the cluster with the pins and that banner. LOL about your kids not being as cute anymore. And I'm looking forward to that tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, absolutely stunning layout! I've actually done this sketch, too--but I didn't use LYB stuff, so I can't post it on their blog. I'll probably be putting it up on mine in the next few days. But it's nothing like yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout!! Fabulous work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! I love the bright fun colors and all the details. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally fabulous Anita! What an amazing design and your daughter is toooooooo cute for words :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this layout! The layers are so fabulous and yummy! It totally rocks! Sometimes it is easier when you are scrapping for someone else to let that mojo fairy free! Thanks for sharing! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning LO, Anita! Love the black and white baker's twine to repeat the black/white zebra stripe clothing of this precious little girl! Cannot wait to see the tutorial! .....Patty

    ReplyDelete