Sketchy Thursdays | The Flamingo Chronicals: Sketchy Thursdays

Monday, January 9, 2012

Sketchy Thursdays

Is it Monday already??? Where did the weekend go????? sigh
And it has been pouring down rain here since last night to boot :o(
I am hoping for much better tomorrow!!!
How was your weekend? I hope it was fabulous!!!

Today I have a LO made with the wonderful sketch over at Sketchy Thursdays  I so
love their site, but I forget to play along so often! I think it is the Thursdays - so
I have resolved to play and get my sketch up at the beginning of 
the week so I won't miss the deadline!!

OK - I can't remember who made the background paper! I cut the strip off a while
back - I think it was Pink Paisley or Prima - so sorry!  The mat paper and the paper I used for
the die cut is Pink Paisley. I have also used Creative Imaginations and Basic Grey 
chippie letters. The swirlies are grungeboard. The butterfly is cut from a Bo Bunny paper. 

For my background I used some masking, some stamp resist embossing, some 
splattering with inks - love how it turned out!!
The small butterfly was my mask - I colored it with Inka Gold and added
some more color with Viva's Precious Metal  and pearls. 

The color prompt was to use blue and silver - I have used blue on the background and big butterfly and silver Inka Gold on the diecut (it's hard to see but it's there I swear!) and the swirlies.

Here is the fab sketch I used 
If you have never played over at Sketchy Thursdays - it is a lot of fun!
Be sure to check them out.

Thanks for hopping by - be sure to stop by tomorrow -I 
will have my ColourQ post up!
Anita

6 comments:

  1. What a wonerful LO! Love your rendition! So artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anita - found your site through Michelle Ward's GPP Crusade site. Hope you come back to play! Lovely layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just love the texture in your background- amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing LOVE all the inking and painting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee the photo and all the butterflies! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful misting and paint and details. I love this! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one - I will hop around to your blog soon and return the favor. Have a fabulous day and happy scrapping!
~*~*~*~Anita~*~*~*~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails