A Celebration of Texas | The Flamingo Chronicals: A Celebration of Texas

A Celebration of Texas

Howdy my blogging friends! 
It is no secret that I am a Texan, born and raised.
Love this place. The only State in the nation that has the 
ability to cede from the nation if we ever get really mad. 
Yes, we are just that special!

I got this album from The Crafty Scrapper a few weeks ago and knew 
that I would have a great time with it. I have been collecting Texas 
stuff for a while now. 

The album comes with the plate already cut in half and the chipboard pages inside. 
The big red flower here is from Canvas Corp. 
I bought this acrylic shape so many years ago I cannot tell you who makes it. The flowers I cut using a Tim Holtz die and vintage sheet music.
 I used a variety of beads including hand blown glass hearts from Murano, and some 
charms I found in and antique store.
Paper is from Authentique, WRMK, Pink Paisley, and Pebbles.
I used washi tape here to make a hinge for the tag.
I used my Cricut to cut the chipboard star on the left. For the right page I used a Sizzix die and cut two of the chipboard pages. I sandwiched a piece of acrylic in between them and and reassembled to put back in the album. I colored the acrylic with alcohol inks to look like a sky.  I bought that armadillo YEARS ago. The journaling says "if you are from Texas, you know that armadillos are not born flat on the side of the road"!
On the other side of the acrylic page, I made my bluebonnets. I used a McGill punch for the bushes and beads for the flowers themselves. I love that you can look back through each side of the page to the picture before/after it. Cool huh???
Seriously,, we have a ranch here in Texas that is bigger than the ENTIRE state of Rhode Island.
We love Whataburger here in Texas and it is pronounced "WATERburger"
So there you have it,, my ode to Texas. If you are in North Texas and want to take a look at it, 
you can stop by The Crafty Scrapper. They have it hanging out for display. 

I am linking up today at the following challenges:
Catered Crop - Distress, kinda all over
Use Your Stuff - Polka Dots - Paper and washi tape
Divas By Design - Celebrate
Southern Girls - Chipboard - album pages, die cuts
4 Crafty Chicks - Back to School - my cutie pies in Cheerleading uniforms
Unique Crafters - Sparkle and Shine

Thanks for stopping by today!
Anita

14 comments:

  1. Anita, your album rocks!! Love, love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest mini EVER! I love how you did it all about Texas. Cute fun details, love the journaling..well just love the whole thang!!! lol. I was in Texas a few years back and made tons of friends when they found out I lived in what we call "Mini Texas", the land of oil, cowboys and bbq!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That album is awesome. when I lived in North Texas, I worked at the Scrapbook Warehouse in Colleyville, but it has sadly closed a long time ago now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing and congrats on finishing the album.

    Wouldn't a Dairy Queen fry wrapper be more Texan-LOL?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, Anita! Every page is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an awesome mini!!! love all the embellies

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING keepsake! Just fantastic!
    Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Good luck and don't forget to leave a comment for another entry for a chance at our second prize!
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I love all the details and the amazing texture.


    I saw your card on MIM and had to drop by for a closer look.

    Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!

    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours and design. Saw this on MIM and had to come over for a closer look. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life} {Digistamps4Joy DT Member} {Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member} {Lady Anne's Paper Crafts DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow wow wow what a fabulous celebration of Texas indeed! Your album is amazing I absolutely love it!
    Thanks for playing along with the Diva's this week and I hope you will join us again real soon.
    Hugs Laurie xx
    I have a gorgeous candy at the minute if you would like to join in

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anita,
    This is a fabulous celebration of the Lone Star state. It looks terrific. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowie!! This is fabulous!! What a piece of art - love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'll check out your fb page as well! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for playing our Back to School challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning!!!! Just love every detail of it!

    ReplyDelete