Dancing in the Rain Altered Canvas | The Flamingo Chronicals: Dancing in the Rain Altered Canvas

Dancing in the Rain Altered Canvas

Post #2 for today!
This canvas is for my DD2 - it is her favorite quote. 
She wanted me to buy her a picture frame with a printed version
of it in the store the other day for $50-!!!
I told her no way, I would make her a way better looking one 
for way less than $50.

Sooooo, off to the craft store I went for canvas.
Note to self. Take a square with me next time to make sure that
the canvas is really square. This one is not.


 This canvas is 1/2" shorter on the right side than the left. :o( 
I started with gesso on the whole thing, then came papers, which I inked.
after those were dry I used a stencil to paint the background. I used 3 shades of paint 
to vary the way light reflected off of it.
Next I used bubble wrap to add metallic color in random places, then white paint with the bubble wrap.
I used spray inks in progressively darker colors to bring out the metallic colors, spraying really heavy in some places and letting it run down the canvas.
I added bling, some butterflies, and accents with a white paint pen. Lastly, I added piles of crystal beads layered with crushed glass and glitter.

Supplies used:
Heidi Swapp papers, Tattered Angels, paints, gesso, Queen and Co blings, 
Bazzill black cardstock, Modge Podge, crystal beads, crushed glass, fairy glitter,
Glue Dots and Glue Lines, Melissa Frances Trim.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Be sure to check in over the weekend. If the sun peeks out so I can get some photos
I am going to post the fabulous Texas album I finished up recently.
Anita 

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. WOW Anita! I think this is better than any print you could get in a store..this one is a "one of a kind". It's absolutely gorgeous! I love all the techniques! I have a few canvasa but am afraid to start, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Way better what you could have bought in the store I'm sure. I love th quote!

    ReplyDelete