Girlfriends Cigar Box | The Flamingo Chronicals: Girlfriends Cigar Box

Girlfriends Cigar Box

Thank Goodness,, it is Friday again!!
I am ready for the weekend. I have had a great
scrapping week, so I have two posts going up today.
and if the sun will come out and I can take some photos,
I have 3 mini albums to share too, so be sure to check back over
the weekend.

This morning I have an altered Cigar Box. I made this to hold
little file cards. And on the file cards I am putting little snippets of 
things that remind me of my Posse. Little quotes, photos, collected
things - anything I run across that reminds me of us. 

 I decided to leave the box unpainted, and just add my decor to it. 
I really like the way the box looked, and it was in really good shape.
This collection of stuff came from our travels mostly,,, the flamingos are from a charm bracelet I bought the first Girlfriends weekend we took, the crown is for Cheryl's famous quote "if I have a bow on my a$$ I want a crown on my head" (long story there!), the crocheted flower from Creative Escape with Janiel,, so many memories piled on top of this box!
I used two ribbons to go around the box, I used Glue Lines to stick them both down.
I so love those little lines, so much less mess than liquid glue!
 I painted the inside of the box with Glitter Modge Podge,, because we all know that
everything is better with glitter!
 Here are the little cards,, I am trying really hard not to put a ton of stuff on them. 
I want to save space for the cards! The backs are blank, so I can add photos if I want.
I cut the cards using my Cricut.
For the front of the box I added some bling, some flowers and 
a red dress I got from the jewelry department.
I wrapped the bling around the side, but I didn't want to put a ton of stuff on the sides, because I know I will be handling it quite a bit. I am hoping to get 75 cards in the box before it is full. 

For this project I used:
MME papers, May Arts ribbon, bling, Glue Lines, Mini Glue Dots,
Craft Glue Dots, Glue Lines, 3-D Glue Dots,
and for the cards I also used Scotch ATG, more Glue Dots, ribbons,
flowers, Viva Decor, Washi tape, and stuff I had laying on my table. 

I am linking up at

Thanks for stopping by today
Have a great weekend.
Anita

4 comments:

  1. Another WOW project!! All the detail on this box..fabulous! What a beautiful idea. I'm at a loss for words (and that doesn't happen often, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing way to create such a beautiful cigar boxes crafts, Anita. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing more.

    ReplyDelete