My Mommy's Irises | The Flamingo Chronicals: My Mommy's Irises

My Mommy's Irises

Happy Friday everyone!! 
It looks like we may get a little rain here today. Nice and overcast
with grey skies! We sure could use it!

It is tome for another Fabulous Friday Challenge at Frosted Designs and this week
 the challenge is Office Supplies. You know you get all
excited when the stores start putting the school supplies out!
All those aisles of paper, pens, markers, and other great things!
 Back to school was the best time of year for me!

I whitewashed my top sheet, to give it a distressed feel. I mixed 1/2 gesso & 1/2 water and brushed it on pretty heavily. I used the same stuff on all the flowers. To make the "grass" at the bottom of the tree, I rolled seam binding, then snipped it all over to fringe it.
I used staples on my photo strip and I journaled on a Post-It note.
 I cut the tree out of thin chipboard using my Cricut, then painted it using Jenni Bowlin Dabbers. I used a dry brush to give it the woodgrain look. I used Mini Glue Dots to stick the buttons on. Because I wanted to tree to have some depth, I also stuck buttons on the BACK side too,
The frame cut from the CI paper is also popped up, so it has some depth too. 
My butterfly is embossed with 3 colors, I started with gold, then used a green on the tips of the wings, 
then used my VersaMark pen and black for the body and wings.

I used the colors and prompts from CSI Case #34 
You have until Sunday the 2nd to come on over and play along with us.

I am linking up at the following challenges:
Southern Girls - It's All About The Flora

Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a great weekend
Anita

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing!!!! That button tree is fantastic!!! I adore everything about this layout! It should be framed and displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just beautiful!! that tree is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the button tree!


    I saw your card on MIM and had to drop by for a closer look.

    Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!

    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page. Love it all, especially the button tree. :)
    Saw this beautiful page over at MIM. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love how you used the buttons on the tree...so creative and better than just a tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ingenius idea of using buttons for leaves. The colors and dimension on this LO just draw you in. Fabulous job! Thanks so much for sharing your LO with all of us at MIM! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita, your work is just divine. I love everything about this layout from the button tree to the pictures of those large beautiful iris's. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls XOX Tania

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, this is absolutely fantastic! The button tree is amazing, and the other embellishments and colours are a perfect match to those gorgeous photos!
    Thank you so much for joining the Southern Girls - hope to see you again!
    Hugs Siv

    ReplyDelete