December Daily 2011 | The Flamingo Chronicals: December Daily 2011

December Daily 2011

Howdy blogging friends.  Sorry I have been MIA for a few days,
I have had family in town visiting over the last week and haven't spent much time 
online or scrapping. So happy to get back into my studio today
and get some scrapping done!!!

Today I have my December Daily from last Christmas
to share with you. It was the first time I did a December Daily
and although I enjoyed it, I don't know that I will do another one again
this year. Since we don't have small kids at home anymore it was hard to 
some up with something to document each day. There were even several 
days that I skipped!  Here is a look,,,,

*****Warning! Lots of photos!!*****

 I used a Melissa Francis kit for this project. Along with the kit I added MME die cuts, some Teresa Collins, Little Yellow Bicycle, DoodleBug, and a few other things from my Christmas bucket.
The kit from Melissa Frances included the covers, 10 6X6 pages, 2 vellum sheets, and 2 manilla envelopes. That was enough for me to do the whole album! And it was only $10!! It came with rings, but I dislike using rings on my albums so I used my Cinch to bind it instead.

The numbers for the pages came from a Teresa Collins sheet and I used my 
EK Success punch to cut them out.

 The fabulous clear overlay on this page is from LYB - I have had them for years!

 These die cuts are also from LYB - I bought an 8X8 pad from them a few years back and I am so glad to be able to finally use it up!
The great tag here was made by a friend.


 Here is where I skipped a few days,, There was just nothing going on between the 14th and the 18th!
 Ok - I saw this great thing on Pinterest - use fishing line to hang ornaments from your curtain rods, chandeliers, etc all over the house. Easy, right? NO - it is not!! This took me an entire day to do!!! 

 The best part of the day - I made my girls go on a scavenger hunt for their presents all over the house. I put the card with the first clue in an envelope under the tree. They thought it was a gift card! AND - I got to use some Daisy D's Christmas die cuts that I bought forever ago.
 I had space in the bad to add some of the cards we received from friends. No, I did not make these fabulous cards, I just have very talented friends!



Are you still with me?? So there you have it - my December Daily for last year. 
I hope you grab a few ideas from it. And check out those Melissa Frances Kits - I know she has a few this season too. They are the bomb, and the perfect size - 6X6. 

I am linking up at the following challenges:
Make It Monday - Anything goes
Use Your Stuff - Journal Strips
City Crafters -inspirational quote
Divas By Design - Anything Goes
Paper Play Challenges - Shine / Sparkle

Thanks for stopping by today!
Anita

11 comments:

  1. What an awesome keepsake! Looks like it was fun to put together too! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize!
    Good luck,
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my golly this is just so totally awesome!! i have been toying with the idea of doing a DD and i think you might have pushed me over the edge!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fabulous. As an empty nester, I can understand. I thought I would try Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas and see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fabulous mini!! Lote of wonderful detail!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful mini this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this mini album. I amy have to do some scraplifting. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Que super trabalho! Um diário cheio de belas lembranças!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely ... I should point out that our challenge is not RED ... It is inspirational verse or quote ... Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  8. how fantastic! I love this. I did the DD last year and loved it. I plan on doing it again this year and I'm going to be sure to come back here for inspiration. TFS.
    Thanks, also, for joining in on the Use Your Stuff Challenge this week. I hope you can join in again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great mini book!! I really like all the tags and coloured images you add to this book. Thanks for taking the challenge this week on the Use Your Stuff blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though this is not what our challenge is over at CCCB I am glad you posted it so I got to see it. It is gorgeous. I just love every page. Lots of wonderful details..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!! Thanx for sharing!! I have been thinking of donig a december Dail this year and this is great inspiration! Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete