All Grown Up | The Flamingo Chronicals: All Grown Up

All Grown Up

Good morning blogging friends!
I am super happy this morning as I finally
have internet service again! Ours was out all
weekend long - and you never realize how many times a
day you hop on the internet until you don't have it!

Today I have a layout of DD2 from her college graduation.
This layout will go in my album. I have scrapped a number of photos
that you have probably seen, but those were for her album.
As you may have heard, I am trying to cut down on the "bulk" on my pages. I would like to fit more than 6 page protectors in an album! So I am aiming for flatter! For this layout I dug out some Basic Grey I have had for a while - I love the colors on these papers. They have a lot of color, but it isn't overwhelming. KWIM?
I layered papers and cardstock for lots of visual weight and did a little sewing too.
My flowers are a mic of Prima and Bazzill and I inked some of them with Tsukineko VersaMagic. Brads are Basic Grey, buttons are October Afternoon. I used my Cricut to cut the scalloped paper here.

I used the photo challenge

and the sketch from Get Creative. I flipped it around to suit my photo.

I am also linking up at the following challenges:
 Southern Girls - Children
Crafts and Me - Buttons and Bows (well, I used ribbon)
4 Crafty Chicks - Circles (brads and buttons)
Fussy and Fancy - Spring Days (Galveston Beach, y'all)

So that's it for me today.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous week!

May the flamingos be with you
Anita

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the zig zag sewing around the edges. Precious photo too.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job! I love all your gorgeous product choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous layout! I love the photo and all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing our circle challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layout! I love the stitching the flowers and of course those buttons are fabulous!! Great way to incorporate circles into your layout. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stitching on your layout! I so wish I could do that! :)
    Great creation - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita, your beautifully layered papers and gorgeous flower cluster look fabulous on this wonderful graduation layout. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "Buttons AND Bows" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. super layout, the layering, and the clusters of flowers, just lovely, thanks for joining in at CMH

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout, great take on our sketch, thanks for playing with us at Get Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge Me Happy this week!!

    ReplyDelete