Believe Canvas for Dallas Men Against Abuse | The Flamingo Chronicals: Believe Canvas for Dallas Men Against Abuse

Believe Canvas for Dallas Men Against Abuse

Happy Easter fellow bloggers!
I hope you found lots of chocolate this morning :)

I live right outside Dallas and the Mayor of Dallas, Mike Rawlings,  has started on a campaign 
to help end Domestic Violence. There is far too much still going on today.
This is a cause near and dear to my heart. One of 
my closest friends lived in a relationship for many years with a husband
who beat her regularly. We all knew it, but it took her years to admit it, and
a few more to leave the situation with her children.


Anyhoo,, while sitting in my studio the other day I had this beautiful piece of
Maya Road chipboard in front of me and I was wondering what to do with it.
They were talking on the TV about the rally downtown for the 
Dallas Men Against Abuse Rally and one thing led to another and I made this
for Mayor Rawlings. I will be mailing it to him this week and I hope he
will accept it as a symbol for his campaign. 

I started with that butterfly chipboard and just started decorating. 
So much symbolism in the butterfly! Without change we would never have the butterfly - and
even with scorched wings it will still rise to fly again. 

Beauty and strength, grace and joy. 
I wanted the butterfly to rise above so I crumpled sheet music to add a layer
of dimension between the past and the present. 
From the chaos of the background rises the beautiful butterfly.

Believe! The single most important thing a woman need is to believe.


Everyone deserves love, and a smile can do wonders. I added all these beautiful flowers,
because I remember all the times our "posse" were there to support
my lovely friend - we wanted to lift her up.

Here is the bottle of courage every battered woman needs, along with the crown she deserves.

Here is a look from the side, as you can see I have stamped swirls all around 
the sides of the canvas to symbolize the turmoil of the life left behind.

There you have it.

I am linking up at the following challenges:
Use Your Stuff - oversize title
Divas By Design - Use metal
Paper Issues - Up in the clouds
Berry 71 Bleu - Use paint in your project


Thanks so much for stopping by to say hi today.
Anita

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful canvas & even better is the theme behind it. It's very well thought out and I don't see why it wouldn't be accepted for the campaign against domestic violence. You picked many symbols & elements to interpret your thoughts & the butterfly is indeed an excellent symbol since it does represent change, beauty and the start of a new life. Excellent work! Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful and symbolic canvas, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete