Graphic 45 Design Team 2013 Audition | The Flamingo Chronicals: Graphic 45 Design Team 2013 Audition

Graphic 45 Design Team 2013 Audition

Good afternoon blogging buddies! 
As I am sure you have guessed by the title of my post,
I am hoping (dancing by the light of the moon to the Ya-ya Sisterhood
Goddess is more like it) to secure a spot on the Graphic 45 Design Team.

As part of the application process, we were asked to create a blog post 
showing some of our projects that represent us, as artists. 
Here are mine :o)

The Faerie Garden 
for Glue Dots® CHA Winter 2013 
 So,,, I hoarded a whole box of Once Upon A Springtime papers because I knew
that sooner or later I was going to need some for something awesome. 
When asked to design something for Glue Dots® Winter CHA booth this 
Faerie Garden is what I came up with.  
How perfect were those papers for this project? I created a garden with a pool inside this small birdcage.
It is about 8" wide X 11" tall.  These faeries are racing on shells across the pond.
Moss and lots of tiny flowers filled in the scene. I fussy cut many of the flowers from the papers 
and others are tiny Primas. To see the whole project go here.  
 
 My Favorite Layout
This is one of my favorite layouts of all time. I don't know why, it is pretty 
simple all things considered, but it just seems to flow so well, and I loved the papers, 
and that fabulous pink tulle flower, and those photos of my DD2's silly cat. Even though 
I didn't add a ton of stuff to the layout, there was a lot going on visually. Love it. 

Alice In Wonderland Mini Album
The mini album I made for DD2's college graduation. This was quite the party!
This is just how we roll.....
There are so many more photos of this album! To see them go here, here, and here

A Celebration Of Texas
My Texas Album - very close to my heart! 
The journaling on the right page says "If you are from Texas, you know that 
Armadillos are not born flat on the side of the road!"  This is a 
common misconception for those visiting from northern areas of the country.
To see the whole album go here.

Fair Day
This layout just makes me happy. DD2 and the co-conspirator 
next door spending the day at the State Fair of Texas.
I managed to eliminate all white space - mission accomplished!

Double Take
A wonderful friend gave me a bag of her "scraps" - she teaches tatting. Nice friend to have, huh?
I have quite a few layouts with beautiful lace accents due to this lovely friend.
 I have another fabulous friend who crochets me flowers when I run out. 
I love my friends. 

DD1 Senior Portraits
I have so few layouts of DD1 that I have been accused of favoritism. Not my fault, I swear!
DD1 hates to have her photo taken and will run when I pull out the camera.
DD2 is a camera hog and will jump in front of it.
I rarely scrapbook in browns, because it is so, well, brown! I like pink, and green,
and yellow, and colors! But this paper was perfect for my DD1.
 
Flower Fairies
The Once Upon a Springtime paper line was perfect for me when it came out, and I am still hoarding a whole box of it! We take photos every year in the wildflowers here in Texas. I have several layouts of the kids now using a variety of these papers :o)

So that's it folks. Some of my favorite projects. 
Everyone wish me luck :o)

May The Flamingos Be With You,
Anita

1 comment: