Embossed Flower Tutorial using Gelatos® from Faber-Castell® | The Flamingo Chronicals: Embossed Flower Tutorial using Gelatos® from Faber-Castell®

Embossed Flower Tutorial using Gelatos® from Faber-Castell®

Hi everyone, how was your weekend???
Wonderful I hope! 

Today I want to share a tutorial with you on some super fun and easy flowers 
you can make. There are lots of ways to color these, but the easiest 
and my favorite is by using Faber-Castell Gelatos®.
Here is a look at the layout I used the flowers on. 
Love this paper from MME! I also used Want2Scrap bling and chipboard.

Begin by stamping and heat embossing your flowers and cutting
 them out. I used Heartfelt Creations Open Vintage Floret
 Precut Stamp set and Vintage Floret Die set.

 I used 4 colors of my Faber-Castell® Gelatos® to color my flowers,

 Teal Metal, Blue Metal, Aqua Dolce, and Spearmint. I applied the

Gelatos® directly to the flowers, blending them with a slightly

damp sponge.

I kept adding color in layers until I achieved
the depth that I wanted.

Next up is shaping the flowers - real flowers have curved petals
and do not lay flat - we want our flowers to look the same.
 I rolled the edges back using my paper piercer and cupped
the centers using a ball tool.

Last step is to stack the petal layers together as desired,
pierce a hole in the center with your paper piercer,
and add a brad to anchor it all together!

Here are a few more close-ups of my layout.

For my title piece I covered the chipboard with Faber-Castell® Gesso mixed with some
Margarita Gelatos®. When dry I added more Gelatos® with a sponge, then added
some glitter for a little sparkle.


I am linking up at the following:
My Minds Eye  - August Sketch Challenge
Lasting Memories - Try something new - the flowers
Use Your Stuff - Circles - Scalloped circles for border, buttons

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a great week!!

Anita





9 comments:

  1. Wow...what a beautiful layout, so much amazing and incredible detail. Your flowers are stunning, so much to see. thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!! Such a layout full of love and fun things to look at. Your flowers are stunning and I enjoyed reading how to make them. :) Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week!!
    Michele
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are absolutely gorgeous! Awesome job Anita! Gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING DEAR!!!
    hugs........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning LO! I love the idea of using gelato to color the flowers. Gelatos seem to come in handy. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is fabulous and love the tutorial! Thank you! Thanks for joining our "Try Something New" challenge at Lasting Memories!

    http://kcclayoutchallenges.blogspot.ca/2013/08/lm-154-try-something-new.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so stunning. Beautiful colour combination. So much details and a lot of work on this LO. Great Job! I love it.
    Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Love those flowers! Your LO is gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete