Girl Scout Service Project - GDT with Berry Bleu | The Flamingo Chronicals: Girl Scout Service Project - GDT with Berry Bleu

Girl Scout Service Project - GDT with Berry Bleu

Hi everyone! I know I have been absent for a while. 
My DD1 had some things going on that she needed me for
and my girls take priority over scrapping and blogging. 
I think everything is back to normal now, she is doing well and 
I can get back to my regular routine!

So today I have a layout to share with you. I am doing some Guest DT work
over at Berry Bleu this month. The challenge this month is all about TEXTILES 
You can use any kind of ribbon, fabric, twine, or lace.
For all the details check it out HERE

I used a mix of MME and Teresa Collins papers, with Bazzill cardstock. Dusty Attic chippies, Stampin' Up ribbons, Gesso and Gelatos® from Faber-Castell, Want2Scrap bling, and brads, bits and pieces, flowers and buttons from my stash and craft supply. Punch is from Fiskars.

For my background I rubbed Teal Metal Gelatos® directly on the paper and blended
with a damp sponge. I dipped my paper strips into Faber-Castell Gesso and 
applied them randomly to the background for texture.
I also dipped my ribbons in the gesso and applied to the background. One of the ribbons
I rolled up to make a rose, then glued it down. I set everything aside to dry.
I covered my chipboard with gesso, let it dry then used two colors of Gelatos®, Teal Metal and 
Blue Metal, applied to the chipboard and blended with a dry sponge.
I added some ribbon flowers and other bits and pieces from my stash to the page.
To get this look I applied Gelatos® directly to the twill ribbon, then dipped the ribbon
in gesso. Rubbing the gesso into the ribbon makes a watercolor effect with the color. 
I added a layer of lace on top.
I added some crocheted flowers from my awesome friend Sandy.

Thanks again to Faber-Castell for sponsoring the challenge this month!
Be sure to stop by and show them some love - they are awesome :o)
 
And don't forget to enter your project at Berry Bleu for your chance
to win some awesome prizes!! See the blog for all the details. 
 
I am linking up at the following challenges:
Use Your Stuff - 4 patterns 
 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Love the torn print paper in the background.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page. Love the technique that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout Anita. Your background and all the elements are fabulous! Nice to see you back in the scrappy world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning layout...and what a great photo. So many fabulous techniques too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you created the background for your layout. Very cool ! Thanks for joining us on the Use Your Stuff blog Anita :)

    ReplyDelete