Catching Bugs with Sparkle N Sprinkle | The Flamingo Chronicals: Catching Bugs with Sparkle N Sprinkle

Catching Bugs with Sparkle N Sprinkle

Hi everyone in blogland!!
How is your weekend going so far??

Today I have a project for Sparkle N Sprinkle to share with you;
a layout from one of my Girl Scout Troops today, one of our annual camping trips.


 I have been a Girl Scout Volunteer for 20+ years now, and I LOVE to camp!
Here is my youngest troop during our fall camp.

 
Bug hunting was a must for every camp trip :)
I used Imaginisce papers, some random chippies from my stash, 
my new Cameo to cut the title, some bling from Want2Scrap and Bazzill Cardstock.

 
I really wanted a jar full of bugs for this layout, so I used Stamp #523 Fill The Jar, stamping the jar on vellum with Black StazOn ink. I layered the bugs and flowers onto the vellum, then added the acetate piece on top, trimming to fit.

 
I used the frog from #478S Nature Stamp, colored with Watercolor Pencils, and cut out. To make my "warts" I used the Sakura Glue Pen and cover with EP418 Moss and heat emboss.

 
I colored my dragonfly with watercolor pencils, then used the Sakura Glue pen to outline wings and
sprinkled with SS117 Sparkling Sea.
For chipboard pieces, heat emboss using VersaMark and the following colors: EP420 Pear, EP422 Cappuccino, and EP414 Tuscan Sun. Next spray the piece with a heavy coat of MM110 Gold Metallic Memories Mist, and use a heat gun to dry. This will mute the colors and give it a nice fall look!

For more detailed instructions on this layout be sure
to check out My Gallery on Sparkle N Sprinkle.



Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Anita

Here is a list of items used for this project:
Stamp #523 Fill The Jar
MM10 Gold Metallic Memories Mist

5 comments:

  1. anita...this is just beautiful. So much fun, looking for bugs and your layout is fabulous as always. Good for you to volunteer with the Girl Scouts, I am sure all those girls are so grateful to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fall colors you've used and all the little details you've included - especially the warts on the frog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic layout , I love all of the cute details you have added !!! Hope you have a wonderful day !!

    hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beautiful layout! What wonderful details too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic LO, Anita! Specially I love your embossed chipboards and your beautiful dragonfly. The jar is so adorable as well. Gorgeous work!
    Hugs,
    Eret

    ReplyDelete