Today's project is part of my new series the Deconstructed Layout
for today's tutorial we will be making a Box Flower- they
are so simple and so fun!
Here is a look at my layout,,
I used bits an pieces from several of my previous Frosted Designs Kits
for this layout. I am trying to work my way through my stash!
My papers are FabScraps and for my background I stamped
a large graphic design all over and gave everything a good spray
with Dylusions White Linen.
Start with die cut scallop circles- I have three sizes here - you can make your flower with one, two or three layers- totally up to you!. For each layer you will need 4 circles all the same size.
- Start by inking the edges, then spraying BOTH sides with water or (my choice) one of the iridescent sprays like Glimmer Mist.
- Lightly crumple the circles up into a ball
- Open back up and fold in half.
Ok- let's assemble our flower!
- Lay 1 piece down facing to the left.
- Add your second piece so that it is half on top of the 1st piece, facing towards you.
- Add the 3rd piece so that it is half on top of the 2nd piece, facing right.
- Add the last piece so that it is half on top of the 3rd piece and half UNDER the 1st piece.
- Use a little piece of liquid glue under each flap to secure it to the piece below it.
- Repeat with a set of smaller circles if you want to add a second layer.
- Use a brad in the center to secure everything together.
Here is a look at the box flower- fun, yes??
(I used the largest and smallest circles that I cut)
I have also used some KaiserCraft flowers and
Basic Grey die cut stickers.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!
Have a wonderful week!