Deconstructed Layout #8 The Grad | The Flamingo Chronicals: Deconstructed Layout #8 The Grad

Deconstructed Layout #8 The Grad

Graduation photo
For this Deconstructed Layout - The Grad - I had two goals in mind;
1. use the tiny photo to advantage 
2. use up some paper scraps that I had laying around
I only had one photo to scrapbook for this layout so I needed to make the most of it. I am not a fan of only using one photo on a page- but when that's all you have to work with,, what are you going to do?

I am so excited about this series of tutorials and I hope that you are enjoying them too!!
To see all the tutorials in this series be sure to hop over to this page



using paper scraps
To use up the paper scraps, I trimmed them to 3/4" wide x 3 1/2", then cut a notch in one end. I inked them all using the same color to make them a little more uniform. I applied a strip of double stick tape across the page 1/2" BELOW where I wanted the top of the border to be, and applied the first/bottom row. I added a second strip of tape above the first row, a little closer to where I wanted the top to be, and added the second/top row. I cut some of them shorter to give it more interest. When I was done, I sewed straight across, above the lines of tape, and added a punched strip of cardstock.


tiny photo mat
To make my photo more visible against the colors I used on the background, I used the same contrasting color all around the photo. The photo mats and the die-cut stickers are from the Prima Princess collection. By using the same color ink on everything, all the little details around the photo blend together, which allows the photo to stand out. I even used the same color ink on the Confetti Heart chipboards.



chipboard alphas
The alphas from the Prima collection were not quite the right color, so I put them on a piece of acetate and used the same color ink on them.


adding texture
I added some stitching on my machine following the pattern on the paper. I finished up by adding some detail in the upper corner using my Confetti Stencil from Heidi Swapp, VersaMark, and Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powders.


There you have it. I hope you enjoyed today's Deconstructed Layout.






3 comments:

  1. Love your layout!! The layered banners are so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful layout! I love it! Great job! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout, these banners are so cute!
    Lovely work, I'm so happy to be with you at Frosted Designs DT :)

    ReplyDelete