I have a second project to share today for Smoothfoam.
Ever since my box of Smoothfoam showed up on my doorstep, I have been wanting to make a piece of wall art with the 12X12 sheets. I have been turning ideas over and over in my head and finally inspiration struck! I have some large stencils meant to create texture on the walls – I was positive I could
use the same technique on my Smoothfoam.
Two 12×12 Smoothfoam Scrapbook Page Mounts
Acrylic paints - medium turquoise, gold, dark turquoise
Drywall texture or molding paste
Iridescent ink spray
Palette knife, small sponge, paintbrush
Lace trim, paper flowers
White paint pen
1. Adhere the edges of the two sheets together with double-sided tape to create a 12″ x 24″ surface.
2. Paint the entire surface with two coats of medium turquoise paint, drying between coats. Position your stencil on the surface and spread the paste over the stencil with a palette knife; apply a heavy coat. Remove the stencil and allow to dry overnight.
3. Apply a 50/50 mixture of glaze and gold paint to the raised stenciled image. When dry, sponge paint small amounts of dark turquoise to add shadow accents inside and around the image. Use a wet wipe to blend in the color more if needed, let dry.
4. Spray the entire surface area with iridescent ink; let dry.
5. If desired, glue lace trim and flowers as shown to frame and embellish your art panel. Add dots with a white paint pen to accent.
I love the way it turned out!~
Be sure to give this a try with