Cool 2 Cast Blog Hop | The Flamingo Chronicals: Cool 2 Cast Blog Hop

Cool 2 Cast Blog Hop

Hi everyone, how is your week going so far? Who believes it is November already? Are you hard at work on your Christmas projects? I have made a good start this year and I want to share one with you this today.

I was given some fabulous product to work with this week that I had not previously had the chance to work with- Cool2Cast Casting Medium. I have to say that this stuff is pretty cool!

Tiffany Windsor teamed up with Bella Crafts Quarterly to publish a new eBook Cool2Cast and to celebrate we are having a book review blog hop! Yippee! To see all the details on the book, and find all the wonderful people participating in the blog hop check out Cool2Create here.

I had a pretty good time playing with the medium and I pulled some things from my stash to use as my mold. Who remembers those super cool things we all had to have (but never used) from Ranger that went with the glass slides from like 10 years ago???
These thing,, remember these things? And I bought every single kind they made, because they were so unbelievably cool and I was going to use them in so many ways. Yeah, right. Still UN-opened packages in the box of "stuff" on the shelf.
Don't judge- you know you bought some too.

Anyway, I thought these would be amazing molds.
I was right, so my purchase was not a waste after all (which is exactly what I am going to tell the hubs tomorrow). The Cool2Cast medium poured right in and set beautifully. Because these little things are pretty flexible, they popped right out.

I pulled out a mini canvas and some Gelatos® while I was waiting on the molds to set up. When they were completely dry, I inked one with Adirondack ink as recommended, stamped on top with StazOn, then gave it a spritz of Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine- because that stuff is like Ranch dressing and everything is better with a little bit on it.
I added a little bit of paper from the new Bo Bunny Candy Cane Lane line, and some embellies from my Christmas bucket. DONE!

I hope you give this medium a try- because it is awesome! I can't wait to play with it again. Be sure to hop on over to Cool2Create to play along with the blog hop- there is an amazing prize up for grabs!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Anita

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for being part of the blog hop Anitia, Cool2Cast is addictive as shown in your adorable project and the ones in the ebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping by for the Cool 2 Cast blog hop. I need those Memory Capsules and some Cool 2 Cast so I can create some Christmas present! I am planning to use Stampbord to create jewellery and now I've seen what you have created and how you have created I need some product! Thank you so much for the blog hop and the fantastic inspiration Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Anita! Such a clever use of those memory capsules! I'm always looking for new shapes for Cool2Cast so your project is such an inspiration. Thank you so very much for joining the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute project! Great job! I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant way to use the Cool2Cast medium!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic!!! I love how you used the Cool2Cast! Your mini canvas is beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration! Love ya' Patricia B

    ReplyDelete