Easter Bunny Centerpiece with Smoothfoam | The Flamingo Chronicals: Easter Bunny Centerpiece with Smoothfoam

Easter Bunny Centerpiece with Smoothfoam

Howdy folks, today I want to share a home decor project using Smoothfoam.  Valentine Day is past, so that means it is time to decorate for Easter. I love Easter decor- it is just so cute!My DD1 loves Peeps so I just had to make this for her.

Supplies:
Smoothfoam 8"x1" Disc
Smoothfoam 6"x1" Disc
Smoothfoam 1"x6"x12" Sheet
Smoothfoam 2"x4"x4" Block (4)
Hot Knife Tool, toothpicks
Acrylic Paint and brushes, circle punch
Floral Moss, Ribbon, Black Cardstock,
Paper Flowers, Decorative Eggs,
Container

1. Using 6" disc as a pattern, cut a portion of the 8" Disc so that the 6" disc will  fit snug against it.
2. Draw pattern for ears and trace onto 1x6x12 sheet, cut out the shapes, and smooth the edges a bit for a more rounded look.
3. Attach the pieces together using toothpicks. Paint front and back with acrylic paint and set aside to dry. Add punched circles for eyes and nose. Tie bow around neck. Insert sharpened dowels into bottom of bunny and anchor in your desired container.



I have this wonderful rustic wooden piece that I normally use for silverware, and it turns out that the 2x4x4 Block fits perfectly into the sections! I covered them with moss and inserted the bunny into the front sections.

I decorated the box with some paper flowers, and some decorated eggs.

I made these eggs which I am absolutely in love with to go at the base. To see the details on these, please see my blog post HERE.



Thanks so much for stopping by today. What are you crafting up for Easter? I would love to see what everyone else is up to, so leave your links in the comments below so I can check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment