Saying Goodbye to Spanky Dog | The Flamingo Chronicals: Saying Goodbye to Spanky Dog

Saying Goodbye to Spanky Dog

The last three weeks have been a little traumatic here at our house. We have lost two of our four beloved pets. We are still holding out hope on Monkey kitty- he escaped the house 3 weeks ago and we have not been able to catch him! He still visits the porch several times a week to get food, but we are not able to get close to him.

Monkey was a feral kitty, who was hit by a car when he was a small kitten. We managed to catch him, and heal him and he has lived in the house ever since. I guess he just wanted to live in the great outdoors again, but I am very sad that he runs from me after all this time.  He has special medical needs and has to have medication. So I am hoping that I can coax him back in the house soon!

Our pretty Spanky dog was 10 years old last Halloween, and got a clean bill of health from the vet at his check up.
Here is his selfie from last fall- he was quite the silly pooch! He was a 100lb black lab, who was going a little gray around the muzzle :o) At the first of the year, he started feeling poorly, and he went downhill very fast! After only two weeks, he could barely walk on his own and could not be left alone By the third week, we would have to pick him up so he could stand. When he quit eating we knew it was time, and we are fortunate enough to have a vet to come to the house to put him down.

He spent his last couple of days dozing in the sunshine, and getting lots of love.
We are missing sweet Spanky dog these days, but are comforted by knowing that he is happy and free now.  He lived a good, long, healthy life as a very pampered pooch.

I know my blogging has been a little slack over the last month, but I have just had more important things taking up my time. I am slowly catching up on things and hopefully will be back in the swing of life in a week or two!

I hope you are having a wonderful new year, and I really hope that the groundhog was wrong and we get some spring weather sooner rather than later.

I'll be back later today with my Designer Crafts Connection post.

1 comment: