Steampunk Wall Decor with Smoothfoam | The Flamingo Chronicals: Steampunk Wall Decor with Smoothfoam

Steampunk Wall Decor with Smoothfoam

Howdy to everyone in blogland! Today I have some fun wall decor to share with you.

I saw something link this at a local retail store, but it was priced at more money than I am willing to spend for something I can make myself!  So I pulled out some Smoothfoam and went to work.

I wanted something small, so I started with a 12x12 SCrapbook page Mount and cut it down to three 5.5" squares using a craft knife. To see a tutorial on this by Julie McGuffee check it out here.


I traced my cut shape onto the back of 6.5 x 6.5 cardstock, snipped the corners and adhered to each block. 

For this block I heat embossed Creative Embellishments chipboard pieces with Sparkle N Sprinkle EP. I adhered them over a small piece of MD Hobby gold metal.

For this block I used Whipped Spackle and a Tim Holtz stencil on the background, added another chipboard piece from Creative Embellishments, and some die cuts from the Kaisercraft paper pad I used to cover the blocks.

For the last block I ran a piece of MD Hobby & Craft Metal Sheet Roll (Gold) through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder.  I inked the metal piece with StazOn and added another chipboard piece. 

Products used:
Kaisercraft papers; Be-YOU-tiful & Storyteller
Creative Embellishments chipboard pieces
Sparkle N Sprinkle Embossing Powders
Eileen Hull Embossing Folder
MD Hobby & Craft; Metal Sheet Roll & Hobby Shears
Tsukineko Inks: StazOn Black, VersaMagic Midnight Black, VersaMark
Adhesive 
heat gun 
craft knife


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you are having a wonderful week so far :)













No comments:

Post a Comment