Halloween Lantern with Etchall | The Flamingo Chronicals: Halloween Lantern with Etchall

Halloween Lantern with Etchall

Hi everyone, I am all about the Halloween projects this month and I think this one if my favorite so far. I knew I wanted to etch something fabulous for my tablescape for Halloween and had been looking for the perfect item when I stumbled across this lantern at HomeGoods.

And it was on clearance.

Marked down THREE times.

It was a sign y'all.

I grabbed some supplies from Etchall and went to work. Here is the finished project, I am super happy with how it turned out!

 The lantern itself is 18" tall, then I added about another foot of stuff on top!

etchall® has a great selection of products to help you make amazing etched pieces.


I started by cutting my etchall® etchmask using my Cameo machine, then used the Transfer paper to move it over to the glass. I had removed the front piece of glass from the lantern to make it easier to etch. Next I applied etchall® etching creme to the surface and let it sit for 15 minutes. As you can see the creme is brown - this is because it changes color in the summer heat. After 15 minutes I removed the excess creme back into the bottle and rinsed the surface clean.

Here is how the etch came out- I am loving the way this looks.

Of course since I had spider webs I needed some cute spiders on them. Now, I really, REALLY, REALLY hate spiders, but I made a exception for these bejeweled ones.

Here is a look at the floral arrangement I made on top of the lantern. Who doesn't love sparkly deco mesh???

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be sure to hop over to the Etchall Facebook page and see all the amazing things going on there.




2 comments:

  1. My oldest son was born on Halloween, so other than Christmas, this is my favorite holiday. You really did yourself proud on this lovely center piece. Very plain but elegant...love the finishing touches starting with the little spiders and ending with the beautiful bow arrangement. Thanks Anita.....job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the Party Gals linky - thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete