Mermaid Mixed Media Art | The Flamingo Chronicals: Mermaid Mixed Media Art

Mermaid Mixed Media Art

I created this piece of art a while back and never had a chance to blog it. It is one of my favorite pieces and I have it hanging in my hallway so I can look at it every single day. The base is two pieces of watercolor paper layered together. The mermaid is a digi stamp from Sparkle N Sprinkle that I cut using my Silhouette Cameo - Print and Cut is an amazing thing.

The background is colored with an array of products including:
  • Gelatos® (solid and mixed with water to spray)
  • Perlescent Liquid Acrylics from Daler-Rowney
  • Tsukineko Shimmer Spray
  • Colorbox Spray inks


I colored my mermaid with PITT® Pastel Pencils and PITT® Watercolor Pencils from Design Memory Craft. Once I had the base colors on I added dimension with glazes and gel pens.

This photo taken with a flash shows how much this piece really sparkles!

I added a sentiment from Wendy Vecchi and highlighted with a white pen.

The coral at the bottom was made using the Tim Holtz Tree die and heat embossing with various colors of EP. I was really happy with the results on this piece - not my usual style - but lots of fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment