Camp Banner using Fabric Mod Podge | The Flamingo Chronicals: Camp Banner using Fabric Mod Podge

Camp Banner using Fabric Mod Podge

It's almost time for Day Camp so it's time to make super fun and cute camp crafts! Today I want to share a banner that I made using Fabric Mod Podge.

My supplies are
  • Fabric Mod Podge, 
  • canvas pieces
  • cotton fabric from ADORNit
  • Folk Art Paints
  • Sizzix dies (NOTE: I ended up not using the dies shown I didn't like the way the flowers looked and went with a woodsy look instead!) 
  • Black pen
  • 1 1/2" wide cotton ribbon
  • big stick :)

I started by adding faux stitching around the edges of each panel and painting some trees a la Bob Ross for the background. Putting two shades of paint on my mixing palette and loading both on my brush at the same time gave me the depth of color I was looking for.

After die cutting the trees it was time to apply the Mod Podge. I grabbed a fluffy craft paint brush a applied the Mod Podge to the back of each piece one at a time. It dries surprisingly FAST! Apply the applique to your base piece and use your fingers to smooth the fabric piece down, starting from the center and working your way our to the edge to avoid trapping air bubbles underneath. Set everything aside to dry for a couple of hours.


Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the top of the appliques to seal. I brushed just slightly over the edge to make sure I didn't leave any loose threads from the fabric.
TIP: be sure to wait 72 hours before washing your piece.

To hang my banner I sewed loops made from cotton ribbon (isn't that the cutest ribbon EVER?? It is a roll I have been hoarding saving for a while now as it is no longer available). I grabbed a stick from the back yard to hang it from and there you go- super cute banner all ready to add to our nurse's tent.







No comments:

Post a Comment