Don't Get Your Tinsel in a Tangle Canvas | The Flamingo Chronicals: Don't Get Your Tinsel in a Tangle Canvas

Don't Get Your Tinsel in a Tangle Canvas

Hi y'all! Today I am blog hopping with some fabulous Designers over at Designer Crafts Connection! We are using products from Colorbox Colorique by Lisa Marie Jimenez and U-Paint Metal Crafts. I had such a fun time with this project and I hope you give these products a try!

Don't get your Tinsel in a tangle
For my project I chose a frame set from U-Paint Metal Crafts that included this lovely oval frame. I used 4 mini canvases that I had on hand, lots of Christmas theme embellishments, some die cuts, and a whole lot of hot glue to finish my project!

Colorique Canvas
My basic supplies are:
Colorbox Colorique
Frame set from U-Paint Metal Crafts
Canvas Corp Mix and Match paper pad
Kunin Classic Felt
3x3 mini canvases

Mini Canvases
I started by using hot glue to adhere my mini canvases together to form a larger square. Set those aside to dry. I also went ahead and cut my paper squares to adhere to the canvases later on.

Metal Frame
I used Moss Landing to paint my metal frame. Using a cheap foam make up applicator is my preferred method of applying color - pick these up in the dollar store. Use once and toss in the trash. Super handy. One coat of color was beautiful - this color is super concentrated!

Christmas Frame
I also used the Moss Landing on my die cut Christmas Tree. I used smooth white mat board and it took the color beautifully. 
I cut a piece of Kunin Classic Felt to fit the frame, trimmed the saying from the larger piece of paper and used hot glue to secure both to the back of the frame.

Christmas Canvas
To color the canvases I used Ruby Slippers and diluted it with water, then used a foam applicator to coat the top of the canvases. I used a heat gun to speed up dry time.

Christmas Canvas

To finish off the frame I adhered to cut paper squares, then the frame, then layered on lots of embellishments.


No comments:

Post a Comment