Fairy Jade | The Flamingo Chronicals: Fairy Jade

Fairy Jade

This layout was a try-out of some new products. I recently bought some wondrous new things called Pearlescent Liquid Acrylics and they are made by Daler-Rowney . They are wonderful, shimmery inks that can be brushed or sprayed onto your paper for a great effect.

For this page I made a mask using my Cricut cartridge Nursery Rhymes ~ I loved this little fairy couple ~ and used it for the background. I put my liquid acrylic in a mini-mister from Ranger and sprayed over and around to get the coverage that I wanted. The rest went together pretty quickly. The background cardstock is from the Coordinations Washboard line. The paper punch is from Martha. The lace is from May Arts. The beautiful flowers, the pearls and the jeweled butterfly are from Prima, of course!  The sketch that I used was the April Build A Page from Prima


These photos were proofs that we got from the photographer, but they were fabulous shots and I wanted to do something with them. I love how this page turned out.

Now, a note on the mini-mister and the liquid acrylics. The website says that they have particles that are too big to be sprayed thru a fine sprayer. I didn't have any problem spraying them. BUT - I did learn the hard way that you cannot STORE the liquid acrylic in the mini-mister :( - you have to empty it and wash it after each use or it will dry inside the mini-mister and then your mini-mister will never work again.

5 comments:

  1. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! LOVE IT girlie!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Anita...Adding you to my follow list! I love the masked LO. I will be getting more goodies posted after my drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful, great misting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita--thanks for hopping over to my blog. I love the LO below from your daughter's debutante ball. And, aren't you a lucky duck. I went to look at that Creative Escapes---WOW-sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete