SMACK! | The Flamingo Chronicals: SMACK!

SMACK!

Today I have a LO from wonderful sketch over at Pencil Lines . I had a lot of fun with this and used some techniques that I don't normally use on my scrapbook pages. I used gesso, and paint, and crackle, and lots of layering of mediums. I use these a lot- just not on my LO's. here is the sketch
and here is my take on it
I have always loved this photo of my girls. It is from a rare snow here in Dallas, and I had just taken some "real" photos in the back yard. As they were headed back in the house, Heather sneaked up behind Jade and smacked her on the back of the head with a snowball! It was by pure chance that I happen to snap the shutter just as this happened :0) - gotta love those kids!
I have used paper from Bo Bunny and Basic Grey
Cardstock: Bazzill
Ribbon: May Arts and Maya Rd
Paints: Ranger, Claudine Helmuth
 Flowers from Prima
Stick pins: Maya Rd and Heidi Grace
Stickles, glass beads, metal findings, glass leaves
Bling: Recollections and unknown?

Here is a close up of the title in the center of the page. 

I painted the page with gesso, then added punched snowflakes in three different paper weights. Then painted over some of them again with gesso and sprayed with Glimmer Mist. I really love how the differnt weights of paper absorbed different amounts of the glimmer mist.  I added the titles (from Basic Grey) and then added the glass beads to the center of the snow flakes and stickles to the letters. I was really happy with the result.
I am also using ( loosely) the colors from Our Creative Corner

I am knee deep in Christmas baking right now - and my kitchen cabinets are STILL not finished! AAARRRGGG!!!! One cabinet is possessed - I am telling you it is. They have been out three times working on it. They promised it would ALL be done in time for Christmas dinner. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment