Alice in Wonderland Topiary | The Flamingo Chronicals: Alice in Wonderland Topiary

Alice in Wonderland Topiary

One down and only 7 more to go! 
I am making these super cute topiary centerpieces for my DD's graduation party. 
We are having an Alice in Wonderland theme. 
There are lots of flowers, and colors, and all kinds of things 
going on at this party! I am not ashamed to admit, that I 
scraplifted this idea from another blogger. You can
check out Kim's wonderful Easter project that I used 
for inspiration HERE - it is the cutest thing I have ever seen!
And as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted those for our centerpieces.

Isn't that TEA POT the cutest?!? I just filled it with floral foam,
and stuck in my topiary form. Then I made a bunch of flowers. I 
hand cut some from patterned
paper, some were from the Cricut, and of course there 
are Primas on there too.

I used a plain wooden letter for the top and
covered it in Doodlebug glitter. Love that stuff!

I covered the styrofoam with pink crumpled tissue 
before I started, just to give it a nice base color other than GREEN.
I used small straight pins to stick the flowers on, then used Glue Dots to stick the center flowers on. I filled in with small flowers, ribbons and butterflies. Then I added a little glitter here and there. 

I have to say, this took WAY LONGER than I thought it would! I am hoping I will get faster as I go! 
Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to check out Kim's fabulous project too!

4 comments:

  1. Anita, you are such a sweetheart! Your topiary is beautiful. The colors you've chosen are beautiful and the flowers great. Its surprising how much time this project takes, isn't it? Its easy to do, just time consuming. Your daughter is very lucky to have a mom like you. I'm so glad my Easter topiary gave your creative mojo a spark. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is adroable, looks like alot of work..........good luck getting all those done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic ! I can definitely believe it took a while to make. Thanks for sharing your tools thoughts. I was all cracked up by your comment on breeding program for prima flowers. I'm not much of a flower girl myself but I can understand how tempting they are when I see them on the LSS shelves.

    ReplyDelete