Scrapbookers Anonymous Challenge | The Flamingo Chronicals: Scrapbookers Anonymous Challenge

Scrapbookers Anonymous Challenge

Hello to all my blogging friends! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far!!
Today I have a book I have been working on for a couple of weeks, it is for the Scrapbookers Anonymous    Challenge. This month the challenge was to use jounraling spots on your project - the more the merrier they said! Well I have used ELEVEN! 

A while back I bough several of the Making Memories Spiral Bound Journal books. I use them quite a bit, but there are a LOT of sheets in there! So I have a lot of them on hand. If you follow my blog, you know that my younger DD just graduated from college and I had a bunch of great photos that I wanted to put into one book. But after searching I could not find the right book - you know how that goes! So I decided the best thing to do would be to make my own. This challenge was perfect for that!
Here are a few photos
I have 10 envelope type pages, and 6 of them have a large tag inserted into the end for journaling. (That is 32 sides to cover in case you are counting!) I actually cut and made the book itself with an old ring mechanism that I had on hand. The paper that I wrapped the book in is a heavy Chinese hand painted paper.  Those papers are really nice and thick and have a very nice feel to them, they are almost textured - great for bookmaking. I buy mine at the Paper Source at North Park Mall in Dallas or from Paper Arts, also in Dallas. (this is a GREAT little paper store if you have never been)







The paper for this was Crate Paper - one of the mini stacks. And other than that I used a TON of stuff from here in my studio, far too many to list!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! 
I would love to know what you think of this, so please leave me a comment.

9 comments:

  1. This is truly fantastic and so creative. the front cover with the butterfly is so beautiful. great take on our challenge. =)
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects!! You have put quite a lot of work into them and it shows. Well done! So glad you joined us at Scrapbookers Anonymous.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is awesome! So much detail and the cover is stunning! So glad we could help you use some of the journaling spots in such a great way!!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolute treasure for your daughter! Beautiful work. Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterfly on the cover is just too beautiful. Lovely colours and quotes this is a mini book to treasure. Thanks for joining in at Scrapbookers Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loveeeeeeeeeeee this!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee all the tags and the flowers! Thanks soooooo much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is so gorgeous... I love the mini... so many beautiful things put together... fantastic... thank you so much for playing along with us over at scrapbookers Anonymous... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete