Canvas Art - with recycled items | The Flamingo Chronicals: Canvas Art - with recycled items

Canvas Art - with recycled items

Happy Saturday fellow bloggers! Hopefully your weekend is going wonderfully! 
The weather here is wonderful today, such a beautiful change of pace from the 100 degree days 
we have been having - what a luxury!

Today I have a piece of art that I have made from some recycled items. The theme over at Paper Issues   is "tree hugger", so I wanted to use something up. Here is what I have created,,,
I have used a 16X16 canvas, the background I painted with Claudine Hellmuth paints, 
sprinkled it with glitter to match, added a few beads, splotched it 
with a little sparkle of gold leaf, and some pearlescent liquid acrylics.

I used toilet paper rolls that I cut into 1 inch sections, then I glued them into flowers. 
Once I had  them arranged like I wanted I glued them all together.

Well, I left out a step it seems! I forgot to add that I spray painted the whole thing after I glued them together, but before I attached it to the canvas! Sorry about that :o) That is why my TP rolls are silver and not brown.

I was pretty happy with how it turned out - now I just need to figure out what to do with it!
I think that someone is getting this for Christmas :o)

Be sure to check out Paper Issues  to see the great projects that have been linked up 
over there. There are some wonderful things!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!
Anita

5 comments:

  1. So pretty, Anita! I love the colors and these **clever** cascading TOILET PAPER ROLL FLOWERS?!? Who knew? Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe those are toilet paper rolls! I thought they were cookie cutters! This canvas is beautiful! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I thought those flowers were quilled! Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, beautiful flowers! I like them so much. I want to make them by myself, can I?
    http://dailydealsincity.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so easy that I want to make some for my friends. But.. how did you attached the rolls onto the canvas?

    ReplyDelete