My Very Favorite Photo | The Flamingo Chronicals: My Very Favorite Photo

My Very Favorite Photo

This photo is my favorite photo of all time. I like it more than any of my wedding photos even. 
This is both of my DD's and my Daddy. It has a horrible background, 
but I never see that. I just see three of the people I love the most. 
Daddy passed away 4 years ago, so this picture is always close to me.
I have finally scanned it and scrapped it, 
here it is on my LO - sorry it is so girly - but it does have my two babies on it!!
(Sorry about the crummy lighting, it is very rainy here - no sunshine at all today)
I have used papers from Prima and Glitz (the background paper), my embellies are Prima, Hambly screen prints, Dusty Attic, some random chippies and other stuff from my stash. 
My chippies were painted with Jenni Bowlin paints, then splashed with Glitter Glam from Tattered Angels. 
The butterfly also got a dose of distress paint from Ranger and some stickles. 
The title block I cut on my Cricut, and the letters I cut with some OLD sizzix dies. 

My sketch is from Stuck On U Sketches  - they have some great ones. 
Have you been there to check them out yet???? You should go now!!
Here is the sketch
I flipped it 90 degrees to fit my picture, and as you can see I didn't do a fall theme. 
I am all out of fall / Halloween pictures!!

I am also entering this into the challenge over at Bird Is The Word where the challenge 
word is "WISH" which I have used in my title.
If you haven't been to Bird Is The Word you are missing out! If you are stuck for 
a Journal prompt, this is the place to check out!!

Thanks for stopping by - I am off to grill burgers and watch the Rangers!!!
Go Rangers!!!
Have a great weekend!
Anita

9 comments:

  1. I can see why you love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI..i have come from the BITW blog.. a very special photo to scrap and a beautiful layout you have created..the journalling is so touching.. well done..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, first up .. I am taking a quick break from the game to catch up on the new entries! (I live in Bedford) So, go Rangers! Let's win tonight. But anyway .. love your page with a subject near and dear to my heart. Love how you've replaced the 3 vertical strips. Thanks so much for playing with us! New sketch will be up in a few short hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! Understand why the photo is so important to you. Glad you could finally use it!! Thanks for joining us at SOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo I love this, fantastic colors and yummy goodies. Thanks for playing at SOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is sooo beautiful! love the photo, so precious and lovethat you flip the sketch. thanks for playing along with us at SOUS. have a nice day!
    hugs,
    isay (SOUS DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page Anita.. love all the gorgeous detail here!! Thanks so much for joining in at BITW :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your journaling, it is so touching!!! Beautiful layout!!!Thanks for sharing your work with us at BITW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous pic and love all the sweet embellies :-) Thanks for playing along at BITW :-)

    ReplyDelete