Words You Never Want to Hear | The Flamingo Chronicals: Words You Never Want to Hear

Words You Never Want to Hear

As a Mom there are some phrases we never want to hear, 
"Mom, guess what I flushed down the toilet?"
"Is the dog supposed to be eating that"
"How come your arm is bent like that"
you know,,,,, those little phrases that strike terror in your heart. 
As your kids get older, the potential for trouble grows let me tell you. 
Nothing can stop a mother's heart like the words 
"Mom,,,,, I've had a wreck,,,,
the ambulance is on the way"
That is the phone call I got last week from my DD. 
She is fine, just a little beat up from the airbag.
But I don't think I will ever be the same.
I have used Bazzill cardstock, Prima, Offray, Recollections, Faber-Castrell, 
Jenny Bowlin paint, stickles, some random bling from my stash and
pearlescent inks that I dripped randomly. 
I used my Cricut to cut the large grid and the swirly mat behind the photos.

I am linking this up over at Once Upon A Sketch where the challenge was to journal
two events that had happened to you in the last week. 
I only got the one on here, this really consumed the whole week! 
Mom was a wreck too.

10 comments:

  1. so glad to here that she is ok. It is scary when they get all grown. Just sent my daughter across the country again. She and her hubs are moving.....again....this time to Georgia and it's hard not to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool layout but I wouldn't want to hear this either!!
    http://kerentamir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout!!!! I really love it!! Glad to hear she's ok! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness she's ok!!! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How scary....I can imagine how you must have felt and then seeing the car!! wow!!!
    fabulous layout though!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...thank God she is fine! I love your design and the white splattering!!!Thanks for sharing your work with us at OUAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a gorgeous lo you have put together over something so bad! I really love everything about this! Just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks goodness she was alright!
    wonderful page!
    Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I can so relate! I received that same phone call a few years ago, our youngest ds was 17, he wrecked his truck, totalled it, but thankfully wasn't hurt. I couldn't function for days, worried that something was wrong that I didn't know about, or they couldn't find! I slept beside him in the floor!! LOL! I did the same thing, I scrapped a page about it too! Glad your dd is okay too! Love the pretty accents you chose for this! Great page for the challenge, and thank you for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is this page! Glad to hear everybody is OK!
    Thank you for playing along at OUAS! ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete