GPP Crusade #59 | The Flamingo Chronicals: GPP Crusade #59

GPP Crusade #59

Ok, so last week I am fooling around, just surfing the net, and I come across this awesome site. 
And I mean AWESOME. It has the coolest things going on there - 
each month there is a new crusade (read - challenge) but here is the kicker;
they are all about YOU. Yeah - you! How many things do we scrapbook about ourselves??
Not many if you are like me!
So they have some great downloads that you can print and use in your crusade to 
document yourself. Love these! 
So of course I sent a link to all my scrappin pals to go check it out. 
My BFF tells me that she needs a journal to do her crusades in 
(read - get off your you-know-what and make me a 
journal Miss I-quit-my-job-to-stay-home-and-scrap )
So I came home and rustled up some stuff I had here in my studio and made her this
Ok - so I bought these papers from Graphic 45 a while back because I found it so 
hilarious and it reminded me of my friend. It is legendary that she does not cook.
I absolutely had to make something about her with these papers!!!


For the inside of the book I used what ever media I had on hand. 
Lots of different stuff.
I also used some Basic Grey and some Creative Imaginations stickers.

The great printed sheet on the right is one of the printables from the site - it is Crusade #59 so 
I printed it and added it to her journal

Covers were made with bookboard that I covered with Graphic 45 papers and 
then edged with Inka Gold.

Here is a side shot. In all I think I ended up with about 50 pages.

So the site is HERE the GPP Street Team - go check it out. I am thinking you will like it. 
And you have a WHOLE MONTH to get each crusade done!

Have a greet week!
Anita

10 comments:

  1. Anita - what a great gift for your friend. This is a Ta-Da for you...and a terrific jumpstart for her. I love hearing your enthusiasm :) Thanks for sharing this journal, and the idea of making one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great journal, thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! i found you via the challenge. now, i'll have to stick around & take a look at your blog. how lucky your friend is to receive your piece of art

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your darling journal-what a fab gift for your bestie...TaDa, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the Crusade! What a gorgeous journal - I certainly hope your friend fully appreciates the wonderful work you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done Anita!.....you've really made this one your own!...High five from Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous journal, and what a lucky friend you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cool - I'm quite jealous! Oh, and welcome to the Crusades. Hope we get to see your work again next month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wow. This is beautiful! So much variety, color and pop-out design! I like it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful gift and lovely idea for your friend. It was great to see all the ephemera that you used on the pages and the little detailed touches. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete