Gussie's House - Quilted Book Cover | The Flamingo Chronicals: Gussie's House - Quilted Book Cover

Gussie's House - Quilted Book Cover

Happy Friday fellow bloggers! It is almost the weekend!!


Since it is Friday it is time for another Fabulous Friday Challenge
over at Frosted Designs - this week we are all about quilting.
 I made this little book to preserve all the memories I had of my Gussie's (Grandmother) house while growing up.Gussie was quite the gardener and I get my love of playing in the dirt from her. When we bought our house years ago, I went and dug up flowers from her yard and planted them in mine. And when she passed away two years ago, I dug all her flowers and plants out before we sold her house. Those are my memories of her. Every time I am in the yard I think of her and the times we shared.


The cover is 13 X 6 1/4 and is made of heavy duty bookboard.

I used a screen printed paper bought at an art supply store to cover it. I used Jenni Bowling Paint Dauber to paint the edges of the bookboard.




 I cut the paper into sections, inked everything and lined them up on my cover. I then taped them onto a piece of brown paper bag as a backing so I would have something to sew it onto. Once it was sewn I cleaned up the edges and glued the whole thing down to the bookboard. 

The chipboard piece is from Leaky Shed Studios - love their stuff- I painted it with Tim Holtz Antique Brass distress paint and then used Inka Gold to give it a little color. The butterfly is an old acrylic one I had stuffed into the drawer, I stamped it with StazOn and painted it with Glitter Modge Podge.

Here are the pages - WARNING - lots of photos!!
I used K&Co for pretty much everything here except the kraft paper.
This paper is OLD, Old, old, Brenda Walton paper, with a butterfly cut out of the cover paper appliqued on (the whole quilting thing again!). The die cuts are from Authentique. 
I loved this cow as a kid - it always cracked me up. I am going to scrapbook it one day soon.
Currently this little from is still sitting on my front porch. I may move him to the garden, but I like to see him everyday when I come and go.
I love these flowers, I have a running border of them about 65 feet long across my front yard. They are just starting to bloom. 
 
There you have it, I have left out a few of the pages so I wouldn't bore you to tears!
Hope you enjoyed my little book  - thanks for stopping by today.

Have a fabulous weekend!!
Anita

1 comment: