Sparkle - My first post as a Glitter Girl :o) | The Flamingo Chronicals: Sparkle - My first post as a Glitter Girl :o)

Sparkle - My first post as a Glitter Girl :o)

Hi everyone,  today is my first post as part of the Glitter Team for Sparkle n Sprinkle!
 I want to share a layout I made using my fabulous Embossing Powders and Glitters from SNS.
I am all about the sparkle! The more the merrier in my opinion.

I always start my layouts by choosing my photos. In this case I had a black and white photo of The Hubs and DD2 from her Debutante Ball. Of course I needed some beautiful color in the rest of my layout to make the black and white stand out.
Here is a look at my layout,,,
I love these papers and I thought they were perfect for this layout. My daughter is quite the girly girl and these papers are just like her! I used lots of fussy cutting, layers, glitter and flowers to accent.
For my background on the white doily I used several colors of Faber-Castell® Gelatos®, applied
then directly to the paper then blended with water. I also used a stencil and modeling
paste, then colored the textured part with Gelatos®
To get this look I fussy cut the flower spray from patterned paper, then used my Quickie Glue Pen and Cyclamen Glitter to add the accents and depth. On the edge of the punched border I used the same technique and Spring Willow Glitter for a little extra color.
I used the same technique here to add my glitter.
For my title I used a chippie from Fab Scraps. I covered it first with Mediterranean Embossing Powder and then I used my Quickie Glue Pen and Priceless Peacock Glitter on the stars.
To accent the corners of my photo I used more chippies from Fab Scraps and Black Embossing powder. To finish off my layout I added some bling, some pearls, some flowers and some sewing. I uses White StazOn 
for the stamping on my photo to really make it stand out.

This was the most magical time for my DD2 - she has waited years for her turn to be a Debutante-
it's a huge southern thing, we are all about big dresses and parties!
Girls actually have a "Deb Year" and ours lasted 15 months! I ended up making
4 scrapbooks to cover everything.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, memorable event for your family to enjoy, and all the memories kept in scrapbooks! That is amazing, Anita. Thanks for sharing your life with the rest of us - this is beautiful! I especially like all your pretty floral arrangements. The pearl frame is gorgeous, and the Journaling in the corner looks great! I also am in love with your white flowers that have the pretty, textured interiors. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this beautiful layout. I was wondering what type of scrapbooks you use as this is so thick with all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Sparkle family :) First of all, have to say that I just LOVE your blog name!!! Your layout is just beautiful and love the fussy cut flowers with the glitz.... so many gorgeous elements and a lovely photo to showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning page, Anita! Love these colors with the b/w photo!

    ReplyDelete