Wedding Favor Bags with Decorative Trimmings | The Flamingo Chronicals: Wedding Favor Bags with Decorative Trimmings

Wedding Favor Bags with Decorative Trimmings

Today I am so happy to share with you a project made using Decorative Trimmings. I was given the opportunity to work with these fabulous trims and ribbons- and we all know how much I love trims and ribbons!

I had the best time shopping their site and picking out the trims to work with. I have made several projects so far, with more to come. I. LOVE. RIBBON. Really.

For this month's challenge we are all working with a wedding theme. I love to make wedding favors- really any kind of party favor- so that is what I went to work on.

I have had this flocked hot box for some time now, I picked it up in a vintage shop a few years ago. Had to have. It is FLOCKED Y'all. To start, I took the lid, and adhered it to the bottom of the box, to make a base.

I dyed some 1/2" White Rayon Ric Rac silver and adhered around the base.

Next up I adhered White 1 1/2" Eyelet Embroidery lace around the top edge using double sided tape and added some flowers to the front that had been sprayed with silver mist.

For the favors, I used small kraft bags, folded the top over and added a silver metallic doily. I folded 1/2" Turquoise Rayon Ric Rac and more of the 1/2" White Rayon Ric Rac into bows, securing with my Tiny Attacher. To finish them off I glued small white flowers in the center of each one.

To see all the projects in the hop, be sure to check out the Designer Crafts Connection Blog- this group has got some talent!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. Such fun - the colors and the imagination that went into your hat box are amazing.

    ReplyDelete