Botanical Mini Album | The Flamingo Chronicals: Botanical Mini Album

Botanical Mini Album

I taught this fun little mini album recently at The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie. I fell in love with the Kaisercraft papers as soon as they came into the store although they are not my normal go to colors.

As a general rule I RUN from purple - seriously. But these papers were so beautiful I just couldn't resist them!!  I used a mix of the 12x12 papers and the 6.5 x 6.5 paper pad and of course I added in lots of extra stuff to fill out my album. For the front cover I used a chipboard left over from another album, a Tim Holtz die to cut some Little B Chipboard which I embossed with my Eileen Hull folder from Sizzix. Lace is from Maya Road and flowers are from Petaloo. And of course, all my inks are VersaMagic DewDrops from Tsukineko - because I love them so much!!

On the left page I used a coin envelope to hide a tag for journaling. On the right side I used a stamp from Wendy Vecchi and the cute little clay pot die is from Eileen Hull.

One of my favorite ways to add an extra page in is to line a a few tags and use washi tape to hold them together. By the time you add papers to the front and back it is very sturdy!

We all know I love to add pockets, flaps, and lots of interactive pieces to my albums. I added a fabulous punched flap to the Graphic 45 Lg tag. Adding Glossy Accents to the punched portion really adds strength to it.

How awesome are these colors against the black here!

The page on the right is a 5 x 7 kraft envelope - perfect for tucking memories into the top.

I used another Wendy Vecchi stamp for the tag on the left. The back of the album is a from Heart Of Texas Studios.  I used my Cinch Binding tool from We R Memory Keepers to pull it all together and added lots of ribbon.

There is ONE kit left for the album. If you are interested in it- please contact the store directly at 972 923 3151.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful week!



No comments:

Post a Comment