Vintage Easter Eggs in a Homemade Basket | The Flamingo Chronicals: Vintage Easter Eggs in a Homemade Basket

Vintage Easter Eggs in a Homemade Basket

Who doesn't love Easter? I mean, what's not to love?? Bunnies, carrots, chicks, eggs,,, really - the cutest holiday of the year! This year I decided to create some vintage Easter Eggs by decorating some uber cute store bought eggs, and placing them in the easiest homemade Easter Basket you will ever make!

I started with the lid of a business card box - yep, something I was getting ready to throw away. I covered it inside and out with some hoarded vintage Graphic 45 papers and decorated with some simple twine. For the "nest" in my basket I cut a vintage sewing pattern into thin strips and fluffed them up to fill the box. I LOVE the way it looks!

Egg number one has the cute printed ribbon that is used on the front of the box wrapped around it (you can't see it in the photo) and I added some floral stamens, some metal, and some flowers.

Egg number two got a cascade of flowers across the top and a tiny little wooden bird from Maya Road. More floral stamens and miniature flowers complete this egg.

Egg number three got some ribbon and crochet thread, a fabulous metal embellie, and some paper roses.

I wrapped twine from Maya Road and more crochet thread around the box, added a bow, some flowers and a trio of stick pins. To see how to make your own stick pins check out my tutorial here. I promise they are so easy to make you will be wondering what took you so long to get started!

What are your plans for Easter this year?




2 comments:

  1. I love the color of the eggs. This is such a beautiful project Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anita. I love these vintage inspired eggs. These are so beautiful. I especially love the stick pins. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete