Memories Mixed Media Wall Display with Smoothfoam® | The Flamingo Chronicals: Memories Mixed Media Wall Display with Smoothfoam®

Memories Mixed Media Wall Display with Smoothfoam®



SF Memories MM board 4

I have been on a mixed media spree of late and Smoothfoam® is an amazing surface to create on. Today I am using the 1x6x12" Smoothfoam Sheet as my base.



SF Memories MM board 1


I started by gluing a layer of chipboard to the Smoothfoam® and then painting the entire surface with a coat of DecoArt Gesso from their Media Line.


I am so happy to be a member of the DecoArt Blogger program! I absolutely love their products - there are so many ways to use them and they never fail to give me the results I want!

SF Memories MM board 2


Add the second layer of chipboard and coat this with gesso as well. Let everything dry well.

SF Memories MM board 8


I began layering color on by using . After that I added fluid acrylics, then let those dry. My last layer of color was the Metallic Lustre - I added bits and pieces of color all over the piece randomly.

SF Memories MM board 5


I added Crackle Glaze to a few of the pieces for some visual interest.

SF Memories MM board 6


Last up I added accents on one piece of the chipboard using Liquid Glass. When dry I accented it with Metallic Lustre.

Supplies Used:
Smoothfoam® 1x6x12 Sheet
DecoArt Media Line:
   *Media: Gesso / Crackle Glaze / Liquid Glass
   * Fluid Acrylics: Titan Buff / Diarylide Yellow / Yellow Oxide / Metallic
   *Shimmer Mists: Turquoise / Yellow
   *Metallic Lustre: Silver Spark / Lavish Green / Orange Flicker / Brilliant Turquoise
Chipboard: Technique Tuesday / Want to Scrap / Blue Fern Studios
Low Temp glue gun
  





Signature1

No comments:

Post a Comment