Patriotic Mini Canvases | The Flamingo Chronicals: Patriotic Mini Canvases

Patriotic Mini Canvases

Patriotic Blocks mantle decor

It's time to decorate for 4th of July and I always like to display a little something cute on the top of my piano (really it's to keep the cats from laying there). I picked up these 4" pre-printed canvas blocks at Michaels, along with some Joy 3" Varsity Block Letters.

supplies for mantle decor
In addition to the blocks and letters I used a variety of embellishments from my studio. Blue Fern Studios Chipboard, Maya Road bling, DecoArt Antiquing Creme and Metallic Lustre, Art Anthology mini Doilies, and twine. 

mantle decor canvas block patriotic

Using antiquing cream on the surface gave the blocks the aged look I wanted, then I added a the Metallic Lustre using a sponge for highlights.

decorated canvas block

Each block was decorated with a variety of bits and pieces to give them some visual interest. The chipboards were inked with VersaMagic and then I added highlights with a white pen.


Everything, including the letters, was adhered using my SureBonder low-temp glue gun. The little red flower is from Maya Road too.

TIP: Did you know that if you have little "strings" from your hot glue on your project that giving them a little shot with a heat gun melts them away?





No comments:

Post a Comment