How to Decorate with Embroidery Hoops | The Flamingo Chronicals: How to Decorate with Embroidery Hoops

How to Decorate with Embroidery Hoops

Hey y'all! I hope you are working on your Valentine decorating.  I have been all about the embroidery hoops lately- I have several projects in the works so be on the look out for those on the blog soon.  For this project I used an 8: hoop and supplies I had on hand.

I began by pressing my fabric, ironing the floral embroidery piece in place, and positioning the hoop on it.  Pay attention to the pattern on your fabric!!  Move the bottom of the hoop (shown here) under the fabric and secure the top of the hoop in place. If it matters to you, be sure you get the hardware on the hoop at the very top. Tighten the hoop down and pull the fabric tight.


Trim the fabric around the hoops leaving  a little over a half inch margin. Fold the fabric under and secure in place using Beacon 3-in-1 glue. This glue grabs the fabric and sets quickly.

I used my Monotwin from Tombow in black to add faux stitching all around the edge. I really have a thing for faux stitching - I add it to pretty much everything!

I used an older CTMH punch for the pennants, inking the edge of the cardstock with Tea Leaves Dew Drop from Tsukineko. I use my 1 1/2" Xyron Sticker maker to adhere the letters to the pennant pieces. The heart shaped piece is SELF STICK y'all! Add some flowers, leaves and ribbons to accent the bottom of the hoop.


How cute is that?? Love that faux stitching by the way 😁

To finish the project off I added more twine for a bow to cover the hardware.


 Supplies:
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you give this fun craft a try.


 



























No comments:

Post a Comment